Thursday 19 January 2012

Hallo.
I absolutely hate those awkward apologies at the start of a blog or article explaining why something is late but ... sorry it's late.  I would have posted it sooner, however, I have spent the last two hours of my oh so riveting and exciting life (it is... honest) revising for a geography exam. She told us about it yesterday. It is tomorrow. It would be a whole lot easier to study for the tests if I actually enjoyed the subject or found at least one topic interesting, I couldn't give two shits about 'Retail and Urban Change' if I'm quite honest. How is it even classified as a geography unit? I wouldn't have  chose it if the humanities department bothered to tell us what the course would en tow, instead they promised us 'lots of fun field trips to lakes and active zones' - the only actual trip we've been on is to a shopping centre... that's down the road! All we did was wander a round the mall, clutching our clipboards and procrastinate asking the public questions.  I finally plucked up the courage to survey this lady who was in, lets just say, the winter of her life, and it ended up with her comparing the local high street to Bay Route and me suggesting she was a transvestite. All in a days work. 


Speaking of exams, I sat the most patronising English exam ever today.
"Spell the word: 'am'"
Am? Am!? You wouldn't believe I'm in my penultimate year of secondary school. Saying that, some people still struggled: "Am or an?" ... "A - M" says another kid in reply, actually spelling the word out... in a spelling test!  I could hardly focus properly in the reading side of the exam as I was  covered, practically head to toe, in mud. The joys of rugby! Whilst I was getting attacked by boys twice the size of me, there was a flood in the girls changing rooms. Not just normal, clean tap water, either. Shit-infused, toilet water actually covered the floor. The girl who caused it (keeping with the try-hard ghetto names, let's call her Martini) says it wasn't her fault and it was an accident. "I was only going to make a water bomb to throw at the wall and it fell in", because that makes it so much better, right? To be fair, even if she didn't do it, she would still probably get blamed for it as she is the mutual hate figure of the year. She once informed my friends and I, "I don't want to kill you! I just want you dead!" Lovely. 


Another reason for why I haven't had time to blog, until now, is that I was at the doctor's. Lately, I just seem to be a walking, talking medical fail. I had an appointment with my GP today, I'm going to the dentist next Wednesday, I'm due at the opticians on the Thursday and then the following week, I have to travel out of town to the orthodontist. I am the epitome of great health. All the doctor did really was confirm the fact I suffer from migraines. Really? I didn't know.  He gave me some tablets and I'm supposed to go back in a few weeks for a check-up. However, if the waiting times are as long as they were today, I'd rather die from a headache.  My appointment was booked for 18:50 and I finally got in there at just gone eight. That's the NHS for you.


WARNING! Never try the Thai flavoured 'Mugshot'. Absolutely disgusting. It smelt like those massive plug-in air fresheners you get (you know, the one with the amazing adverts? By amazing I mean, shockingly shit. But, I have to say, the amateur attempts at lip-syncing  do make me chuckle) that never fit behind the sofa and block the sockets for other plugs. The taste was even worse, it was like you were eating liquefied popery. After just a mouthful, I headed into the back garden and chucked it in the bin. I felt bad for wasting food, but at least the wheelie bin smelt like an over-60s beauty salon.


Anyway, it's getting late so I'm gonna get into bed and watch Masterchef again (it's on 3 times this week!). Talk to you tomorrow!
Joshua x


pretty picture:
i have a thing for sunsets


Finished: 19.01.12 - 23:46






  

1 comment:

  1. Only could spell 'foreign' because of James :L
    Carmen x

    ReplyDelete